A nightmare! - episode 1

As usual, I was on my way towards office on bike. It was comparatively less traffic and they recently patched the damaged high way. It was getting late so I turned the accelerator to its limit. I was riding with such a speed that it reminded those speedy scenes from fast and furious. I was in front of our beautiful office building and was about to take a turn and suddenly – a truck comes in between the scene. It was not from the movie, I was in the middle of the road and the truck was couple of yards away. There was no time to think and I had to react. But to my bad luck! My bike stopped! How is that possible…? It must have run out of fuel but not at this time… Now, it was the time for the truck driver to react and he did apply his breaks harshly which made lot of noise… Mean time I somehow managed to drag myself and my bike to the other side of the road. Phew… it was close. I had left my home in the morning thinking I would reach office and complete my pending task and go back early. But, this incident could have proved me terribly wrong! I would have been taking drips, lying on the bed in a hopeless situation instead! Or…

What a horrifying start to my day. I vowed myself not to ride so fast ever in my life again, and entered the company premises hoping for no more surprises or shocks ahead. The security guy nodded his head in distress who was an eye-witness and probably the one who might have helped me to get into the hospital if the incident had different ending. I just gave a smile, parked my bike, combed my hair and walked-in wearing the smart card as if nothing had happened.

As soon as I entered my wing, I found my batch mates busy with some books. “Surprise test that was supposed to be conducted during the next week is scheduled at 10 today, check your e-mail…” was told to me before even asking what it is all about! I was stuck for a while before realizing that I had not even started studying for the same. I blamed myself for watching IPL the whole weekend and for not going through the study materials. I checked my watch and oh my gosh, its 9.30 already! Again, I had no time to think, I started gazing e-books and some important questions. There was no time to go through in detail, so I decided to repeat the way we used to study for the internals during the college days. The last 1 hour was always crucial, which brought a smile on my face... how beautiful those days were… But, I had to come back. In the next one hour or so, with the help of my friends, we somehow raised the bar from “nothing” to “something”. Keeping the fact in mind that something is always better than nothing ;)

It was the time, and we all gathered in the seminar hall for the surprise test. HR’s gave the question papers and we all started reading the same with our heads down. I took a deep breath and started with the first question. “Nop never heard of this…” The second… “I have seen but not sure what it is…” The third, “yeah... I know something but let me start with the one which I am pretty sure about”. Sadly, though I finished reading my question paper I was not able to get that ‘pretty sure’ one. That moment, I started sweating. Was it because of the question paper or due to the AC? I wasn’t sure. I looked upon others to see how they are doing and I found it similar. I was little relaxed to see the expression on their faces, which made me smile sating ‘I am not the only one’ :) The clock was ticking and I slowly started writing with the other kinds I went through earlier. It was tough, but definitely better than the VTU bouncers ;). However, I used the same trick and managed to answer all the questions. Was it making sense, I could answer this only after getting it evaluated? So, finally we finished the surprise test and were on our way back to the wing. I decided to take the lift instead of stairs – that is where I did the mistake!

Comments

  1. Good one Sunil..
    Nice flow of thoughts...
    Waiting to see the consequences of your mistake..:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Revenge

Fading childhood...

"Is it a dream or..." ... part1