what happened after my last post...


It has been a long time, since I visited my own blog! So many things have happened over the past couple of months… Though I wish to write something regularly here, it seems difficult to find some quality time. Yup, almost a year passed since I wrote something here. So let me get started with what I have in mind for now…

Though its 2011, in my blog I am still in 2010! So will start from there from where I had left this blog. . .

Being desperate for a change..

Working for Robosoft was fun. A wonderful friendly atmosphere with lots of friends. People there don’t see you as a colleague. Instead they become part of your family. I can say that I was well settled there with my house situated just 10 min of bike ride away. I was happy within the comfort zone. Udupi is a place to live a normal, peaceful life. While many thought I wouldn’t leave, I had something else in my mind.

It was the time when my mind started drifting towards outside world influenced by many others. I don’t deny there were some external factors (which I shall discuss in later part) that influenced my desire for a change. They say it is hard to leave your first job. As soon as I finished typing my resignation letter, I started realizing it for real…

I wanted to explore outside world and take responsibilities on my own, so that I won’t be completely dependent on my parents for anything and everything. I knew this was not possible in Udupi… Whether I will succeed or not in this quest was a different thing.  At least I wanted to give it a try.

New chapter of my life…

Well I was in love… (I am, still! – the only difference is, she is my wife now J ). After waiting for about 1 and half year, I could finally gather some strength to tell her my feelings. Gosh! it was hard. Really hard. But when I got her answer, it was such a relief. Days after that looked like a fairy tale. With no twists and climax. Only a simple, straight forward love story. . .

Back then she was working in Bangalore. She did try out in Robosoft. If she had got through RS, probably I wouldn’t have considered the ‘change’.  So, it all became more important for me to relocate to Bangalore. Job hunt got intensified as the day of our official engagement was in sight. As always, God had better plans. He made me get through this company – Sapient – at the right time. Just in span of 1 month before engagement.

Thanks to my friends Gajanan, Krishna and Pavan for their help throughout.  I wasn’t hoping much after the first round that took place in their office in whitefield, Bangalore. Even though no lunch was offered during the proceedings, I was a little confident after clearing two rounds. Perhaps that kept me going. I forgot everything, even that I was hungry, when the final interviewer told that I got selected!


Getting engaged being unemployed.. :P

Hilarious but true! Technically what you read was right. I mean I was unemployed when I got engaged to my love. My days as robosoftian or WinstoKnight was over and a week before starting my career @ Sapient. November 28th, we exchanged a ring making a formal pact to be life partners. (Formal because – we had made that deal long back ;) )

Early Days in ‘Namma Bengaluru’:

Again thanks to my friends Kitta, Gaza, Pa1 & Damu for letting me share their rented house. My last few days as a bachelor was spent with my most eligible bachelor friends ;)  Though with my friends, I was outside my comfort zone and was on my own. A small description about the change..

Life in Udupi – Slow moving…
Get up in the morning, do some workout @ Gym if you want, have nice mom-made breakfast and then go to office on bike @ 10 with no traffic and no tension… Come back after work in the evening, have some time for yourself, watch movie or TV, spend some time again with parents, bro…  go to bed whenever you want.. Weekends just relax, hang out with friends, do everything you want and still have some time left!

Life in Beng’r – Fast ‘running’!
Getup early in the morning by 6 irrespective of the time you got sleep, run behind the cab, try to get some sleep during the travel, work work and sometimes hog till late, reach home in the night, sleep.. next morning back to step1! Weekends – conditions apply! If you get weekends off, then spend it in sleep else, well nothing to explain... And how does the time fly by? well its unnoticed..

The initial days were horrible. Getting into a project in the late stages and try to establish yourself is not an easy task. Plus the weather and food, it took some time for me adjust.. Some people get used to it soon and some don’t. I belong to the middle group. Not soon and not too late. I was down with fever twice and by then, I lost all that little I had gained over the couple of months from the ‘Gym’… Yup, lost about 7 KG’s of weight and remains of muscles…
Though I missed my comfort zone I had earlier, it was all a wonderful experience - thoroughly enjoyed!

3 weeks break and I am back as a family man!

After waiting for about 5 months, we were all set for the big day of our lives. Yet another wonderful experience, a wonderful transformation that took place almost a month ago.

This transformation didn’t happen only on paper. I mean “marital status – single to married”. It does came along with lot of changes. Changes like - what I think, how much I spend, how do I behave, my attitude, how much I take care of things and many more! Still, there are lot of things that I need to learn, that I need to achieve. May be that is why they call it – a new beginning.

So what next?

Well, as I said there is still a lot to achieve. Both in career and in personal life. I am sure god already has some plans. Just like he has for everyone.

So, if I ask myself, what next?
“.. .. chasing unfulfilled dreams along with nurturing the ones we already have or that just turned real ..” :) 

Comments

  1. Seriously, I did not know that you can express yourself so well. Good going Sunil. Actually I am going to read all your previous posts as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey.. thanks a lot ajay! didn't expect that :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written:)..ur simple, natural writings are expressive & impressive!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude! :)Just too good.. :) Keep it up and all the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rashmi - hey! Thanks a lot... :)

    @Devi - thanks buddy... awaiting something on your bloglist now.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comes a little late, but congratulations to the two of you on your marriage.
    As for the post, honest, heartfelt and brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Revenge

Fading childhood...

"Is it a dream or..." ... part1