"..will wait for you, oh my dear.."


Prologue: I wrote this poem initially, before writing 'you-can't-just-walk-away'. For some reason, I decided not to publish it as it is. So modified the whole subject and changed most of the lines.. Anyway I have finally made up my mind to publish this... I know that it's a very strong subject and I never meant to hurt anyone. I know that I can never feel the real feelings of a woman expressed in this poem. I just want to say - Yes, life is unfair at times, but most of the times it does gives us back what we have lost... With that positive note, now you can proceed...  


It was that day when I came to know,
my face turned pink with some unusual glow…
The day that made me feel so special,
the nature around started some lovely carol…

Yes, I was carrying someone within me,
it didn’t really matter it was he or she…
All I knew that our lives will change,
maybe it already has, which isn’t strange…

I was eagerly waiting for the arrival ,
as we prepared to welcome our angel…
I started dreaming of being a mother,
a wonderful gift given by the divine creator…

As days passed by, I had developed a bond,
to every feeling of mine, the ‘new’ life did respond…
It wasn’t visible from the outside,
as our souls started playing from the inside…

And that ‘black’ day as I woke up,
I felt my other half didn’t turn up…
I thought this could be my illusion,
I tried communicating within, but there wasn't any reaction…

My worst nightmares turned out to be real,
how I badly wished it to be unreal…
I felt as if I lost a piece of my heart,
then I heard – ‘oh mother, my sweetheart…’

I saw her soul as she came close by,
she was so pretty and gorgeous sweety pie..
when I said ‘I will miss you oh my dear',
she just smiled & her tiny hands wiped my tears,

“Don’t you cry, oh my mother,
I will born again as your daughter...
just wait for me, and don’t be sad,
leave me now, but I will come back..."

As she flew away I tried to stop her,
she didn’t stop, but now I knew, I won’t suffer…
she filled my emptiness with some hope and color,
as it made me smile & cry together...

and then I looked above just to say,
"I will wait...
...will wait for you oh my dear”…
image courtesy 123rf.com

Comments

  1. Heartbreaking......... And true. Well put down. Big hug!

    Have you consider to remove this word rhing we have to do when we comment? It's hard to read the letters. I hope you decide to remove it, but it's your blog, and I'm just asking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Painful and hopeful at the same time.
    The expression you used are simple and strike a chord.

    Can't express in words how much I admire this poem and your work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strong feelings ... Hope and Pain live in the same life ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lines in the poem were so heart touching and emotional. It would be really so hard for any mother to go through such a kind of situation and i must say you have written down each line with all the emotion filled in it. I just wish no mother would go through such kind of situation but even if they do they just hope the same way you have ended it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ege Denne: Thank you Ege... And I was thinking I had removed that option!! Is it still coming?? Let me check... Thanks for pointing that out...

    @Saru-jee: Thank you Saru-jee... That is exactly what I was trying to give... I mean things happen at times... I wanted someone to know that it isn't the end of life... I hope I could convey the same message.

    @Disha: Absolutely right... That's life... Welcome to 'Through the eyes..."

    @Elvirah: I wish & pray the same Elvirah.. No mother/child deserve to go through this stage... And yes, if they do I hope that they would feel that its not the end... Thanks for you comments.. & Welcome to "Through the eyes.."

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very nicely laid-out concept. Curious to know what inspired you - it appears as if it has been deeply felt and written.

    ReplyDelete
  7. soulful poetry! well expressed! may all ur wish come true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Shantala - Thanks.. Well, someone did.. :) But I am happy now coz the couple are now blessed with a baby..

    @sowmya - Thank you, and I wish you the same.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Revenge

Fading childhood...

"Is it a dream or..." ... part1