That Night.. (Part 2)

Contd from Part_1


Image courtesy: https://media.giphy.com/
I don't believe in Ghost. Maybe I did, when I was a kid. Even the lamest horror shows (Zee-horror-show) used to give me nightmares. Over the period of time, I became skeptical about the whole after-death theories. Perhaps, the credit has to go to numerous horror shows, horror movies that I saw. Somehow I developed a taste to this genre of media and ultimately I became fearless to the whole idea of creepy ghosts, devils, dark stories etc. But everything was about to change. 

...Sometimes life gives you situations where you don't really understand what is real and what isn't. On top of that, it's very likely that you don't get enough time to even think through what is going on. Same was the case with me that night. The skeptical part of the brain was bamboozled, totally in for a shock and it stopped working when I saw that 'figure'. You don't expect anyone standing in the middle of the road, at night, that too in such a part of the Bangalore! The light beaming from my bike's headlamps fell on one such thing or a person I wasn't sure, but it took me by surprise and completely off-guarded.

"Sqeeeesshh".. subconscious mind sent rapid signals to apply the breaks and I somehow managed to stand my ground and not get thrown out of my bike. A breeze of silence followed by the chirping of crickets from those lonely bushes created an awkward situation. I started my bike again, simply raising the accelerator on neutral, I honked for a while to see if there is any movement... But this weird character, standing few feet away, was completely motionless. I didn't know how to react or even believe my eyes, or was it my tired mind playing tricks? Was I really hallucinating? Or... was it real??

"wait, why do you jump into conclusion that it's something out of this world, it can still be some crazy lady.."
"..but then why would a crazy lady just stand there with her hair untied, covering almost her entire face?"
"At least she isn't wearing a white saree!!" 
"As if the ghosts care about some fashion sense" 

"Oh Shut the f**k up" I whispered to my crazy thoughts. Sometimes our sensible and senseless parts of the brain only make matters worst. I could have just left, racing away, from the sides and be done with it. But no... how can a half asleep, tired, good for nothing (at that moment) brain make rational decisions? Without getting down, I leaned towards my left to pick up a stone and threw towards the lady. And the result just blew my mind off. It literally, went through her body. literally! It was a million times worse than the worst "What the F***" moment! What is that saying 'shitting bricks' - well I had a hard realization at that moment. My dried throat was so powerless to even generate a squeak as I saw the little movement in the figure standing in front of me. The little movement of the neck and I was sure she was starring at me. I was frightened to death, my body was shaking and my lips trembled - as my legs vigorously tried kick-starting my bike only to realize I had not turned the keys on. 

Somehow I pulled myself together, started my bike and raised the accelerator to the max... I closed my eyes as I rode across that unanswered-uncharacteristic-unresolved piece of a puzzle. I didn't stop after that... I didn't have the courage to even look back. I felt like a kid all over again when I used to get scared even to go out in the dark thinking someone will grab me from behind. I was thankful when I reached home, went inside and saw my wife sound asleep. It was 3.30AM when I went to bed but I couldn't get any sleep. Neither I could erase that figure out of my mind nor could I turn off scary thoughts that followed. And the worst part - I had to be in office in less than 6 hours... I badly needed sleep but how!? 

To be contd...


Comments

  1. Yeah I have heard of similar situation many times....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Revenge

Fading childhood...

"Is it a dream or..." ... part1