The Secret, in her diary (part 2)

Contd from part 1

(It wasn’t the first time when sam recalled the whole incident)

*flashback*
 
We were all waiting for Riya in ‘7 bees’ that night with cake and gifts. I got a message saying she will be joining us in 5 min. When she had not turned up even in another 15 min, I walked out and dialed her number to check what was taking her so long. She wasn’t picking up the call so I tried again.  I shouldn’t have…

Riya was on her way, on her scooty when I called her. She stopped near the signal to pick my call. “Hey sam, I’m so sorry I am almost there.. give me 2 minutes… …”. were her last words, before she screamed out of pain. For a moment, I didn’t know what happened on the other side of the call. I just waited there shouting her name repeatedly. But there wasn’t any response. Sensing there was some trouble, I ran inside and explained others. Everyone’s party mood had worn-off and we rushed outside the restaurant. Hoping against the hope we all went in direction of Riya’s home, without the least idea of what is ahead of us... Unfortunately, it was too late when we reached the spot even though it wasn’t too far from the place we started… 

Riya had met with an accident when she was on the call. It was evident from the spot that it wasn't her mistake. A car ran into Riya’s scooty which she had stopped in the extreme left of the road! Later we came to know that the driver was fully drunk. The speed of his car, wrecked Riya’s vehicle and her body. We were all shattered, completely broken. We did everything we could to get her into the hospital. But our desperate efforts lost against her destiny!
 … … …

(It was hard a hard-to-digest truth. The cruelty of life…  After the incident, they went back to collect her things. The things, scattered on the road, soaked in her blood…. Sam took her diary which he eventually decided to keep with himself. He opened the book again, from backwards.. There wasn’t much written apart from daily routine, as he turned the pages, until he saw one with a circled date… )



14th Oct 1998

Dear Diary,

Do You know why I have circled this date? :) Don’t you remember? It has been 1 year since the day I realized my feelings… my feeling towards him. So far I have been successful in keeping this a secret. It’s really hard you know. We meet every day, we spend a lot of time. Sometimes I wonder if he can see what I think, what I dream - through these sparkling eyes of mine… You see, my eyes are too expressive :) Anyway, I am not going to wait too long... I want him to know what I feel, by the time I celebrate my next birthday...

… …

(Sam stopped for a while wondering who was she referring to… then he continued searching for more written content.. )

16th Jun 1998

I am so happy today! :) Not because I wore my new dress to college, but he liked it! He really liked it! He didn’t say much… Well, I wish he could… Stupid… He had nothing to lose, if he had spoken his heart out! But anyway, I could read his mind. You know diary, when he said ‘you are looking gorgeous today…’ I was about to faint! 

... …

(Sam stopped again for a while… This time, he became a bit serious… )  

Was she referring to… was she referring to me!?

(The very thought made him blank & restless. He jumped out of his chair, switched all the lights, started searching for the guys name.)

Who is she referring to! God… I have read almost everything she has written, who is this dumb guy who couldn’t even figure out Riya’s feeling...!! 

To be contd...

Comments

  1. Ah...It's so difficult when you realize someone who loved you is no more... I am presuming that is what he wishes/thinks...

    Wait for the next one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowingly or unknowingly you are coming up with accidents that are caused by carelessness of an individual...answering a call while riding/at traffic drink and driver.. etc.. :)

    The story is coming up well.. so keep it coming.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very difficult as I've come across a very similar incident in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I owe you a thank you note for a supporting fellow blogger with this award-tag.
    http://sushmaspage.blogspot.com/2012/01/appraisals-and-about-me_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Saru jee - Yes it is very difficult... Although I can only give it a try, I am sure its really hard to imagine .. And in case of expressing different feelings through on paper/blog.. I am no match to your 'Words' :)
    Thank you.. will be posting the last part soon..

    @Devi - well caught buddy :) Yeah.. I thought let me give some message through the story.. Thank you.. Ya.. will be posting the last part soon..

    @Arun - Really sorry to hear that my friend!! I can understand! Hope you have recovered & doing good now..

    @Sushma jee - !!! I am really honored! Thank you so much.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, nice blog & good post. You have beautifully maintained it, you must try this Indian Travel Agency website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!


    Flexi said...
    Travel Agency in India

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    Your blog is Very useful.I Like Very Much.
    Rajasthan Holiday Tours

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Revenge

Fading childhood...

"Is it a dream or..." ... part1